Suggested Value For Initial Input, Not Edits

I have a list of suggested values for Table[Column].
All in the correct place and its working fine.

When I try to edit the Row at a later point, the Auto Compute Suggested Value takes over and I lose the previous input.

I thought, maybe run an If() formula in the suggested value box:

if(
isblank(Table[Column]),
Suggested[Value],
โ€œโ€)

I figured I have used something similar in Sheets before. Then it returned Values in If need to be the same. So I tried:

if(
TEXT(isblank(Table[Column])),
Suggested[Value],
โ€œโ€)

And that didnโ€™t work either. But, I am not even sure if that could work in my scenario.

Suggested[Value] is a searchable Text column with many options.

I would like to effectively have Suggested Values for the initial input. If I put Suggested[Value] in the Initial Input, it does seem to work, but the Form view shows every single option, not as a drop down.

Any way around this issue?

0 1 213
  • UX
1 REPLY 1

Each column has an "Initial Value" property that allows you to specify an expression to determine a starting value for each new row.  This property only works for new rows and will not be reapplied when editing the row UNLESS you turn on the "Reset on Edit" flag.  

If your column requires a dropdown list, this is configured separately in the "Valid_If" property or the "Suggested  Values" property and should not affect the Initial Value except that the Initial Value should be one that is made available in the "Valid_If" dropdown list.

Top Labels in this Space