Suggestions- Change Management/Release Notes

I have got few apps that are large with many tables/modules. It would be really nice to know if anyone practice something similar to release notes for your own appsheet apps.

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Release-Notes/bg-p/appsheet-releasenotes

Its really difficult sometimes to make changes and circle back to a change after couple of months if the user/client want more changes. Also this can help keeping users updated about latest changes in system.

Thank you!

1 13 545
13 REPLIES 13

I do a combined user manual and relese notes. I put it in an online single Google Doc. It is primarily a detailed user manual. The first section is a "Change Log", where I put changes in reverse chronological order with version numbers, also adding a link to the changed section in the document. 

Nice @Joseph_Seddik you really take documentation seriously!  (You contracting that out as a service!)  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I've got a set of auto-tables that I use to manage getting the updates to the users:

• Welcome: which serves as a landing page
  • Notifications: which serves as a "release notes" type of system inside the app

The combination of these two together creates a nice little space in your app where users can stay updated on the latest news.

• You can check out what that looks like in the Answer Portal on the Home base; there's a Notifications section that contains the various releases and updates for that app over time.

I find it's nice to have the details of the updates right there inside the app, since people are using it anyways. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a lot of different ways in which you could go about this, and I'm curious to hear what others are doing.

@MultiTech That's verrrrrrry very nice Matt !! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
 I've been thinking about integrating guides inside the apps and you've given me a push to start, thank you! ๐ŸŒท

@MultiTech wrote:

Nice @Joseph_Seddik you really take documentation seriously!  (You contracting that out as a service!)  ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I do, very very seriously actually; I've been doing technical documentations for over 20 years now! and I do ๐Ÿ˜ 

Here is an example if it could help anyone:

Capture dโ€™eฬcran 2023-07-24 aฬ€ 16.57.49.png

Capture dโ€™eฬcran 2023-07-24 aฬ€ 16.58.18.png

Capture dโ€™eฬcran 2023-07-24 aฬ€ 16.58.42.png

Capture dโ€™eฬcran 2023-07-24 aฬ€ 17.00.52.png

Capture dโ€™eฬcran 2023-07-24 aฬ€ 17.01.25.png

wow

MultiTech_0-1690212871929.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That looks like it could be output from an app??? ๐Ÿค”

@MultiTech wrote:

That looks like it could be output from an app??? ๐Ÿค”

Nice idea ๐Ÿ™‚ It is certainly possible, though would be time consuming I guess. Unless someones pays for it ๐Ÿ˜€

Hi @MultiTech, great app. I got a better question, how did you manage to substitute the appsheet URL with your own? I have been looking for tutorials/ documentation for this for years now and so far nothing. Would you mind sharing the documentation link? it could be a good idea for a video btw ๐Ÿ˜‰

There is a company that's just about to launch that's trying to solve this issue.

No affiliate or sponsorship or anything, just passing on what I've found online

@MultiTech wrote:

teamapps.io

Been using it for a while and looks promising. This is more of technical documentation for developer and its great. I was looking for more info for user/customer side documentations and release notes something similar to this.

Screenshot 2023-07-25 at 7.44.36 PM.png

Hi Rifad,

We just launched a user guides feature! I was meaning to email you. If you login to app.teamapps.io it will direct you to start a trial and give you 200k tokens. Then navigate to user guides...Lots more capability coming to it soon as well. Follow up prompts, custom prompts. Etc. 

Screen Shot 2023-07-26 at 8.28.02 am.png

Great work ! @DamienH 

@MultiTech wrote:

You can check out what that looks like in the Answer Portal on the Home base; there's a Notifications section that contains the various releases and updates for that app over time.

This is sooo good @MultiTech 

Thanks @Rifad ๐Ÿ™

The items inside that notifications list even filter themselves based on the current user. ๐Ÿ’ช

Nice @MultiTech just watched your video looks great. It'd be cool if it was a chat App where you could reference the App somehow in the chat? Switch between bot and human in chat.

Top Labels in this Space