Sum Selected items in table view

Hello!

I am developing an app for the finance team.
I need to select rows from the table view and take action to sum those selected rows with a pop-up window or in some other row.

Here are screenshots of what I mean

Screenshot (52).png

When I click the button - pop-up window come on the screen and says the sum of this row

Screenshot (53).png

0 1 236
1 REPLY 1

One way you can do this is..

1.  Create a user aware table to store a sum value
    • id = USEREMAIL()  -> assuming you have multiple
    • sum, number type
  2. Create an action to the SUM table that will be called from the main table
    • use INPUT() function to receive a number from the main table
    • using the received value, update the sum column of the row belonging to the current user
  3. On the main table create an action to call the action created in step 2
    • Data: execute an action on a set of rows
    • Target the row in the SUM table that belongs to the current user
    • Using input you can pass a value from each row to the action in step 2TeeSee1_0-1694783405037.png
  4. You can display the final result in the main table's view header by retrieving the sum column from the sum table by LOOKUP() for instance and setting it to the display name of the view.
  5. You need to create another action to reset the sum value.

The above is probably the simplest way. I believe it works if more that one person concurrently perform this action (make sure you test it though)

This approach may not satisfy your finance users because once you execute the action, then the user does not know which rows they have actually selected. In order to retain user selections, you need a more complex setup. (in the sum table, collect a list of selected rows and use this list to calculate the sum. you can change the color of the rows selected based on this via format rules. etc..)

Hope this will get you started.

Top Labels in this Space