Sum expression

Hi,

Im trying to create a slide that sums my sales column to get total sale but i keep getting this message below. 

This is my formula: SUM(Main[Sales]). 

The expression is valid but its result type 'Number' is not one of the expected types: Yes/No

What am i doing wrong here?

Solved Solved
0 6 159
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Usually people add a virtual column with the expression they want to get a SUM() of children records, but we don't know exactly what your current setup is or why you would need that SUM()

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

This means that the column where you are trying to use this formula in is a Yes/No column, but the result of your formula is a number and is neither a "Y" nor a "N".  Try changing the column type to Number.

Make sure you get what a slice is before Slices: The Essentials - AppSheet Help

It seems like you are using the SUM() expression inside of the "Row filter condition", which is an expression that evaluates on each row of the table to decide if it's going to be added to the slice or not

Thanks SkrOYC. Do I then need to create a new table or column to see the total sales? What's your recommendation?

Usually people add a virtual column with the expression they want to get a SUM() of children records, but we don't know exactly what your current setup is or why you would need that SUM()

Oh! You meant slice? 😄

I thought you are trying to create a view since you mentioned "Slide".

Silly me.

Hey JPAlpano

No worries! Thanks for responding though! 

Top Labels in this Space