Summerize how many rows after sorting within the table

Hello,

I am wondering is there any place / function to show how many rows after filtering within the current table?

Thank you.

Solved Solved
0 18 213
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please add a VC called [Total Count] with an app formula "Total"  or "Total Filtered Records" or something similar that you want to display with the total records count. Please have show_if of this VC as CONTEXT("View")="Your Table View Name"

In the table view , please add the following settings.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1667022503028.png

Then your filtered table view will look like below.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1667022607757.png

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

You may want to elaborate where and how you want to show the total number of rows.

Hello Suvrutt Gurjar,

Actually anywhere within the current page is available, like below Orange box indicates.

Is there any possible to show how many current rows after filtering (top right magnifier). Thank you.

LawrenceMa_0-1667020608673.png

Okay, are you willing to implement a workaround?

Yes I do. May I know how please?

Please add a VC called [Total Count] with an app formula "Total"  or "Total Filtered Records" or something similar that you want to display with the total records count. Please have show_if of this VC as CONTEXT("View")="Your Table View Name"

In the table view , please add the following settings.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1667022503028.png

Then your filtered table view will look like below.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1667022607757.png

Very weird! I did it successfully in preview panel as below:

LawrenceMa_0-1667024810669.png

However it is not working in production no matter how I refresh the page as below:

LawrenceMa_1-1667024879530.png

Any thoughts?

Please make the [TotalCount] a text column. Also please scheck  the show_if setting and view name mentioned therein are correct. Also maybe the newly added column is missing in the view or slice. Please check/share view Group by settings.

In the second image you have shared there is no search window visible. You may want to check why it is so.  In the first image you are checking against view A, what is the view in the second image?

Generally it should work straightaway if the basic settings are correct.

Also in the second image, the Total column is present in the table itself, so you may want to doublecheck group by setting.

Below is the UX view for Table A:

LawrenceMa_0-1667027942647.png

Below is the VC setting:

LawrenceMa_1-1667028014446.png

Below is the production screen shot after infinite refresh:

LawrenceMa_2-1667028093259.png

The weird thing is the preview panel show the result correctly but production page still show nothing.

Have you resynced the desktop view after making the above changes? Please do so once.

Please select some other view and then come back to view A.

I tried clicking below red circle to refresh as usual. May I know where to resynce the desktop view? Thank you.

LawrenceMa_0-1667029033570.png

Your sync operation is correct. Please select view B and then come back to View A

Maybe Appsheet didn't sync on time. Now Production page is good to go without any changes as we are trying to. Thank you for your help.

Thank you for the update and good to know it works. I think the issue with the desktop view is once you make changes you need to move away from it and come back to it again.

Haha!! Good to know that tab switching is the part of sync technique. Thank you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Also in place of just "Total", you could write more meaningful description such as "Total records selected" or something similar.

one more thing, is it possible to add one more "Grouping" as Sum function to show together with Count funciton after filtering?

Red text imagination as below:

LawrenceMa_0-1667030925770.png

I am afraid that will not be possible. The view settings allow only one setting of ( group by with count or sum or average) So you could show sum of some column values or count of records by a column but nor both.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please report problems with the desktop view preview here:

In Preview: New UI design for desktop users - Google Cloud Community

Top Labels in this Space