Suppressing Delayed Syncs

Not quite sure how to word this, but i will do my best... I am looking for a way to suppress significantly delayed syncs. What i am finding is that some users are closing their app if on mobile, or closing their browser if on laptop, but before appsheet completes a sync.

I ran into an issue yesterday where a user tried to open appsheet on her Chromebook after having not used it for a week, and it pushed a bunch of things that she did not previously allow to completely sync. While some of the records were valid and needed to be entered, it also falsely triggered some automations due to record creations that changed some toggles that did not need to be changed, if that makes sense.

I know that i need to reiterate to the users to wait the extra second or two and ensure that all the things they have done have successfully pushed, but i also need to try to find a way to programatically ingest old records that sync late without breaking things. This may require some edits to automations that maybe checks timestamps for record changes versus the actual time that the record is pushed or something to that effect, i am open to suggestions and ideas from those who have come across this before and may already have a simple solution in mind.

Thanks

0 2 50
2 REPLIES 2

@mykrobinson wrote:

This may require some edits to automations that maybe checks timestamps for record changes versus the actual time that the record is pushed or something to that effect

Yep, just compare the timestamp of row creation with NOW() inside your bot's event

hi @mykrobinson this is really a problem and you should tell your users to not leave the app or close the browser until all is synced.

For the browser there is a solution in the pipeline. But this does not prevent users from closing their laptop before all is synced ๐Ÿ˜€

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/Check-if-sync-queue-is-empty-or-not-When-we/m-p...

Top Labels in this Space