Switch func and "Are updates allowed?"

Hello!
What are the options for using the switch function in the updates allowed formula (Data->Tables->CurTable->“Are updates allowed?”->Formula)? For example, I want to make the table read-only in default variant, but be able to Adds in Related Form from Ref-Mother Table.

Thanks!

0 4 907
4 REPLIES 4

With the “Updates allowed” option you can control the whole table, not like row by row. Is that what you are looking for?

Yes. I want to make a Read-only view for table by default, but with the Adds option from another table with which it is associated (Related list). As I understand it, i can use the “Updates allowed” formula and the switch function for this.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

You cannot use the Are updates allowed? expression to control access according to how the user gets to the table. Specifically, there’s no way to express, “allow read-only if accessing directly, but allow adds if accessing from a related table.”

Instead, you should consider using slices to accomplish what you want. Create a read-only slice for normal use, and an add-only slice for use with the related table.

Ok, got it!
Thanks a lot!

Top Labels in this Space