Sync Issue

Hi there,

I've developed an order processing app where, upon creating a new order, an email is automatically sent to the SOP manager. The email template incorporates data from two tables. The challenge I'm facing is that AppSheet sends the email before the second data table has finished syncing, resulting in the notes section being blank in the email.

Upon investigation, it appears that the sync process follows the order in which the original data table was set up. I'm wondering if there's a method to reorder rows in AppSheet data tables to ensure a correct sync sequence, or if there's a way to exert control over the sync process through a set of conditions?

See a snippet of my email template below.

Snippet.png

I'd prefer not to go through the hassle of recreating the table to ensure the correct order of fields, especially considering the presence of multiple virtual columns. Additionally, as the app is expected to expand organically, with the likelihood of more columns being added in the future, recreating the table seems impractical.

Solved Solved
0 3 257
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@m-at-eurofyre wrote:

The challenge I'm facing is that AppSheet sends the email before the second data table has finished syncing, resulting in the notes section being blank in the email.

This is a common issue.

Please take a look at the section  "Send an email only after adding a parent record and all of its children" in the help article below.

Example automations - AppSheet Help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

@m-at-eurofyre wrote:

The challenge I'm facing is that AppSheet sends the email before the second data table has finished syncing, resulting in the notes section being blank in the email.

This is a common issue.

Please take a look at the section  "Send an email only after adding a parent record and all of its children" in the help article below.

Example automations - AppSheet Help

Thanks Suvrutt, I had not seen this page. 

You are welcome.

Top Labels in this Space