Sync after updates

Hi everyone. I am have build an app. I am using folder as a table. I am using this to print pdf file. I have a problem right now with sync. When I do some updates in records  in a form and save it is OK, but I want to open it and print (I have done the print action with LINKTOVIEW("Wydruki")&"&at="&ENCODEURL(NOW()+1) to update and change the view to Wydruki. I goes there however nothing appears there. But when I delete some already existing document the one have just updated appears. I would like to achieve the all files in the Wydruki table without deleting anything.

0 5 203
5 REPLIES 5

Are these PDF's being generated in the app or are they just files you are displaying and using the app to view and print them?

Because you are using a "force" sync on the LINKTOVIEW() function I assume these are generated PDF's.  Do be aware that depending on the complexity of your template, the PDF may take some time to fully generate AND save to the specified location.  It may be that the file just isn't available at the time your LINKTOVIEW() function is executed.  

To judge how long it takes, watch the folder the PDF is saved to (I assume you are using Google Drive?).  Note how long it takes for the file to show there.  As soon as you see the file show in the folder, then manually Sync the app to see how it takes to show up into the app.  This will give you a rough idea of how long to expect.  You will then need to adjust your expectations in the app accordingly.

If this generate and save process takes longer than you would like, there may be things you can do to make the template more efficient and faster but would take some review and analysis to determine that.

The files are genereted on the app. I am using nota to create a file.
The storage is in the folder im google drive.

you are sugesting to see the real time of the genereted file, am I rights?

@Roman_Lojek wrote:

you are sugesting to see the real time of the genereted file, am I rights?

I think yes??.

It would be most helpful if you could show an example of where you expect the file to show but it doesn't.  I wonder if maybe you are referring to an Inline view that has a limit to the number of rows initially shown and you have to tap the "View" button to see more rows.

My initial suspicion is that when you Save and are generating the file, it is most likely NOT yet available when you use execute the LINKTOVIEW() expression.  If you wait some period of time and then tap Sync, the file will probably then show up.  

But how much time do you have to wait??   

This depends on how fast the file is generated, saved AND made available to retrieve.  So to determine how long you might need to wait, I am suggesting to manually observe the physical create and saving of the file to see how long it takes.  If this is what you meant by "see the real time of the generated file" 

If however, you observe that the file gets saved in the Google folder and after a few seconds still doesn't show up in the app after tapping Sync then something else is the issue.

Sorry for late reply. When I Press the button of wydruk it add in hiden way the datetime to set the update. After that IT Firestone the action to linkview.

Bez tytuล‚u.png

After I was expecting the update file in the view

Screenshot_20230613_234808_Chrome.jpg

To achiew the update I need to delete one file

I Haven manager with setting in options perfomance, data sync. I had it on. When I made off it worked as wanted. 

Top Labels in this Space