Sync backlog and error

Hi,

I have a little issue where a colleague of mine has a backlog 800 pending syncs because of one wrong data type, over the period of a month. Is there any way to save this so they don’t have to start fresh if I reset the app.
Is there anyway to change what’s trying to be saved, or to skip a sync.

Anything would be greatly appreciated.

Solved Solved
0 13 303
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Removing the “Sync Block” is probably not an option with Google Sheets… sadly.

You can follow the instructions here to work through a manual Recovery Process. It will give you probably 800 sync files that you can use the AppSheet Toolbox Chrome Extension to collate and upload to your Google Sheet.

If the Chrome extension is giving you issues, you can also use an updated version of the tool on https://www.qrewtech.com/recovery/

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Wow! That’s a really rough situation… I have had many nightmares of this situation.

Much of the data should be recoverable if you’re unable to force it through.

What type of data source are you using?

Google sheets. anyway to recover anything would be awesome!

Removing the “Sync Block” is probably not an option with Google Sheets… sadly.

You can follow the instructions here to work through a manual Recovery Process. It will give you probably 800 sync files that you can use the AppSheet Toolbox Chrome Extension to collate and upload to your Google Sheet.

If the Chrome extension is giving you issues, you can also use an updated version of the tool on https://www.qrewtech.com/recovery/

Hi @Stefan_Quartemont

About that:

How do you manage to do that ?

With my AppSheet apprentice, we managed to make a macro with Google Apps Script in order to read all the files from the recovery folder, and write the data down in order to be used and copy-pasted: every similar structure together, one sheet per table/structure.
Is it possible to do the same with AppSheet Toolbox ?
I can provide the code we made if needed, in addition to the procedure you shared on another post.

Hi @Aurelien !

That’s a really cool GAS solution. We are doing the same approach with client side JavaScript in the chrome extension. Collating all files and separating them into individual tables. You just have to download the recover data folder to your desktop and multi select all the files you want to merge.

I don’t think we could directly incorporate the AppScript components without having to manage user authentication to Google Drive via the chrome extension, which would be quite a lift.

Hi @Stefan_Quartemont

Would that possible to get a short video explaining how to do so ? I don’t see any option that suggest I can do that. Maybe it’s because I didn’t log in ?
3X_3_9_3922553f21b70255b098f2647130f3c68b13444e.png

@Aurelien
Schema → Bottom part
3X_1_1_11de4ec366c562afd0a2335a20ef724908a30d79.png

Thanks @SkrOYC !!! My eyes were away…so far away !

Good to see it as a standalone option

Yeah… maintaining chrome extension code is really slow and obnoxious.

The standalone is much easier to support and push fixes to.

Thank you so much for the replies, I’ll give this a shot as soon as I get to work

I just used this, got a CSV file and with a bit of editing I was able to recover almost everything, if not everything.
You are a lifesaver sir @Stefan_Quartemont , thank you very much

Been there before… it involved lots of tears that’s why I built the tool.

I’m so glad you were able to recover basically everything!! From 800 backed-syncs… I think you may have set a record.

Top Labels in this Space