Sync problem

Appsheet sync is very show...notification is no healthy upstream..anyone suggest me what happend and what we do now?

Solved Solved
8 26 1,977
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

the bug is sorted..Appsheet is running very well now..kindly check everyone

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26

Same issue here in the India.

very very slow syncingvery very slow syncing

Same issue. 

Hi there.

It is also very slow in our environment.
The apps, the app editor, and the My Apps page are all slow.
I am using it in Japan.

I have the same issue today..

Same issue here in the Philippines. 

Same here in Indonesia

I expected this, but service health is not helpful at all.

https://status.cloud.google.com/

Snag_1d046fb.png

โ€ƒ

I think Appsheet releasing New Desktop View to some user, my team forced using New Desktop view, even in admin not activating New Desktop View

Same happening for us , Multiple business process is hampering due to it
AppsheetId for the reference : 1002011330

Same problem here in Thailand.

@Sai1 Seems like everyone is affected with the same issue.
We have lots of staff on the field who are stuck and unable to work because of this outage.

Can you please let us know the cause or the ETA for the resolution?

@praveenz @Steve 

Are there any work around for this issue? 

the bug is sorted..Appsheet is running very well now..kindly check everyone

FYI.. I asked to page devs even the affected servers are in asia-southeast2.. where AppSheet servers should be in asia-southeast1. EDIT: It seems that all Asia traffic still goes through US-West1.

Snag_2019d1b (1).png

If the server in Asia is really the cause of todays issue, then another problem. This site is not telling us any correct information at all. Appsheet server in Asia does not exist according to this chart.

Hey Koichi,

This is an area where "Google scale" can get in the way for smaller teams.  That dashboard is about regional instances - the idea being that, for example, if API Gateway in americas shows as down, but APAC shows as up - users who are connecting to the APAC API Gateway region will be working fine.

In our case, we only have two separate and independent regions - Americas and EU.  The EU instance is entirely self-contained within the EU, other than some shared things like logging.  The Americas instance has servers in other physical regions as well - but because they are all interconnected, under Google policy they are considered one instance.

If at some point we launch an entirely separate APAC instance, similar to what we have in the EU, then we'll add that to that dashboard.  But right now it would be misleading for us to claim that we have that.

Thanks,

Matt

Hi @zito 

I understand that the AppSheet server configuration in the US region is also dependent on elements in other regions.

My simple question is, what should the service health show for this outage that occurred yesterday? (around 2/9 15:00-16:30 JST)

I have checked this site multiple times during the period of the outage and all were Available.

If it is correct that it was Available because there is no outage in the US Region, then I think that would be more confusing to App Creator and User.

@Koichi_Tsuji 

Hi AppSheet Support team.

I received a reply from support regarding this issue, but the response was completely meaningless to me.

Hi Takuya,

Thanks for reaching out and providing the information. I really appreciate your time and patience. 

We understand your concern, and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused. We would like to inform you that the issue has been fixed by our engineering team, and your apps should be working fine now.  If you encounter any problems or have any further concerns, please contact us, and we will gladly assist you. 

Have a nice day.

Best regards,

I already understand such things.
What I would like to know is the following.

* Content of the outage
* License plan and instance where the problem occurred
* Period of time

AppSheet support does not always clarify the nature of the failure. I can only assume they are disregarding the business impact to their customers.

@devingu 
@Roderick 
@Lauren_vdv 
@Michelle 
@zito 

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @takuya_miyai -- I appreciate that you're looking for a bit more context around the problem(s) and solutions Google took on your behalf regarding the matter you raised with support and will communicate this to the Support Team leadership.  

Can I confirm if you matter is fixed or are there still outstanding issues that I can help escalate? 

Thanks for catch up @Roderick 

The system outage has been restored.

However, I feel the essential problem has been left behind.

A little additional background.
We had scheduled a month in advance to conduct a 2-hour hands-on with new users.
However, due to this outage, we were unable to conduct the hands-on.

Not a good start for App Creator, who was looking to start a new AppSheet.
They will have concerns as they continue to use AppSheet.

My point is not that system outage is unacceptable.

If a failure has occurred, it means that the details of the failure should be carefully disclosed. (If it is an Automation problem, then data maintenance for that period may be required.)

I am concerned that App Creators will leave AppSheet if such information is not publicly available.

Hi,

My name is Tomas and I am leading engineering for AppSheet.

Reliability is a big focus for us and while our metrics show substantial reliability improvements over the last year we are not yet done. After each outage we go through an internal RCA / post-mortem process, including reviewing and tracking action items to prevent reoccurrence of the outage of similar incidents. We will go through that process for this incident as well. For major incidents we can make these reports available to customers via our support team.

@takuya_miyai Thank you for flagging the lack of timely updates around production incidents. We are looking into the mechanics for getting AppSheet incidents included in the cloud incidents dashboard. Expect and update on progress here in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks @isdal , I am very happy with the quality of the platform. Thank you for improving the quality of the platform.

In addition, is this issue being treated as a Major Incident?
I do not understand what outages on AppSheet are treated as major incidents.
I hope you will disclose such information as well.

Hi,

I wanted to provide you all with an update. We very close to completing the integration with the Google Cloud Status Dashboard. Hopefully our next major incident will be a long time from now (fingers crossed) but you can expect us to provide updates on the dashboard if/when it happens.

To answer you question around how big of an incident is needed for us to update the dashboard. It is not an exact science since it sometimes the impact isn't clear until after the incident. Our normal threshold is to declare incidents when any region is down for more than 10% of customers. This incident would have been above the threshold.

Anybody finding this trouble again?

"No healthy upstream" when trying to copy an app, create an app directly from the editor, or making an app through google sheets

contact to appsheet help support team..they will resolved it

Top Labels in this Space