Synced Data Disappearing

Hi guys,

I have experienced a weird behaviour with AppSheet clearing data that I have entered myself, twice, on two different days. I have an App Script automatic backup in place, and the deletes are happening before they even reach the twice-daily backups. 

Now, I noticed it happen the first time and blamed myself, so the second time I watched it sync, then checked it had gone through. This morning it's gone again.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

0 4 75
4 REPLIES 4

Often, the root cause is conflicts between client-side edits and in-progress server-side edits triggered by preceding client-side edits. See some troubleshooting approaches in  Certain fields/columns not being synced through cu... - Google Cloud Community and  Lost Data - Google Cloud Community . If you're using Sheets as the data source, its Show edit history feature for cells is particularly useful.

Show edit history was particularly useful!

Turns out, as far as the system is concerned the data was deleted (by me) 2 minutes after I had entered it. What I can't quite get my head around is how that's possible. 

What these links appear to suggest is the app is sending the previous (blank) data after it sends the updated data. That's weird, and only started happening when we switched from the web-apps to a standalone APK.

Conflicting keys (e.g., if keys are constructing by combining values)?

Conflicting grouped actions and automations?

@Qiro wrote:

only started happening when we switched from the web-apps to a standalone APK

Certainly suggests the root cause is not your app design. Consider contacting AppSheet Support.

Yes. I have had this a lot.

Could never find out why.

Top Labels in this Space