Syncing data from mutliple sheets

Hi, I've ran into an issue about syncing data from multiple sheets. 
Here is my situation:

I use appsheet to create and enter new data, and save that data in a specific google sheet. 
Then I use google sheet to calculate statistical stuff on that data, which is done in a 2nd sheet, but is based on the data entered by appsheet on the 1st sheet. I would like to display these statistics in the same app from which I enter the data. 

The problem is, I can enter data using forms, and google sheet does it's job, calculates the statistics I need. I created a table view in appSheet to display the 2nd sheet's data, but it does not seem to work. Every time I enter a new data using the form, the data gets entered, the statistics are calculated, but the old values remain displayed in the table view used to display the 2nd sheet. If I click regenerate structure for the statistical sheet, then it updates, but I want it to be automated, so every time a user enters a new data, they can instantly see the new statistics. 

Is there any way of making this work?
Thanks in advance for help!

Solved Solved
0 4 127
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Normally that should be working as expectation, but may take 15-30 seconds for refresh (also depends on complexity of the calculation).

View solution in original post

Also. Have you turned off Delta sync?:

Ratatosk_0-1673512960241.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@GernerAkos wrote:

a table view in appSheet to display the 2nd sheet's data, but it does not seem to work

It seems likely that the table this view is based on uses Spreadsheet formulas which involve various pitfalls. If this seems like part of the issue and you need to retain the spreadsheet formulas, consider revising them in the source spreadsheet to use R1C1 notation directly.

@GernerAkos wrote:

If I click regenerate structure for the statistical sheet, then it updates

What if the user just syncs the app? If that updates the data, then you may be able to accomplish your goal by adjusting the app's sync settings or creating an action that forces a sync and associating it to the form view's form saved event.

Normally that should be working as expectation, but may take 15-30 seconds for refresh (also depends on complexity of the calculation).

Also. Have you turned off Delta sync?:

Ratatosk_0-1673512960241.png

Thanks, this was the main cause I guess. The second important thing was this:

GernerAkos_0-1673770732189.png

Originally it was set to read-only, changing it to updates seemingly solved the issue. Thanks all!

Top Labels in this Space