System actions icons not displaying

Hi, one of my users has a strange case of system actions icons not displaying correctly. These icons are not custom, they are on the screen and clickable but there is no way to distinguish them.

This is a photo of her android tablet. The reassorting, sync and expandable buttons are not displaying correctly whereas the search icon is OK.

IMG_20220615_150430_01.jpg

vs screenshot of what it should look like.

screenshot1.png

Another photo with another system icons that are not displaying well.

IMG_20220615_150430_02.jpg

vs screenshot of what it should look like.

screenshot2.png

Is it a known issue ? How to fix this ?

Solved Solved
0 14 563
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I asked this user to uninstall/reinstall the application and it worked !

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

That's weird! I have no idea what would cause that. I recommend you engage Support for help with this.

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

I'm also going to bring it up internally in case there is a roll-out underway that might be causing this.

I asked this user to uninstall/reinstall the application and it worked !

Hi, it's me again ! 

Another user got this problem too and i successfully reproduced it on my own tablet. Uninstall/reinstall was not the solution, it is a matter of connection.

When the application is launched without connection, these icons are not correctly displayed. Even if i activate the wifi after, they still are not correctly displayed.

When the application is launched with a connection, these icons are fine. If after i desactivate the wifi, these icons remains fine.

It affects system actions icons and also custom behaviour icons.

Do you know of a way to prevent this ? This application needs to work in areas where network could be bad or inexistant.

Both of theses should be on:

Steve_0-1656334763731.png

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately these options are already on and this problem continue to show up.

Today, this problem occured again. Here are some details about what happened :

• two of my users (user A and user B) on the same spot
  • with the same kind of tablet
  • user A's tablet sharing connection with user A's phone
  • user B's tablet sharing connection with user B's phone
  • i'm not sure about user A but user B launched the application and then set up the shared connection with her phone
  • but had different results. User A had no problem, user B had this problem of icons not displaying correctly.

I ran some tests on my phone and one of my collegue. This is what happened.

My phone, no connection then launch the application = no icons

No connection, launch application = no iconsNo connection, launch application = no icons

My phone, connection then launch the application = icons ok

Connection, launch application = iconsConnection, launch application = icons

Collegue phone, no connection then launch the application = this error message

No connection, launch application = error screenNo connection, launch application = error screen

I have no idea. ๐Ÿ˜ž Please contact AppSheet Support for help with this.

Just wanted to say that I'm having the same problem here, Offline use, Icons not displaying properly. Did you end up with a solution from support?

Sadly no.

ve the same problem, my action Icons are not displayed when starting the app offline.
I hope someone be able to solve this issue a let me know

Same problem here.

Same problem here, please fix this!

If I set my phone's date manually to Yesterday, all icons display fine offline, if I set my phone's date manually to Today, all icons except the app logo in the menu display fine, if I set the date of my phone manually to Tomorrow, all the icons disappear.
Maybe this will give a clue to something and help solve this problem.

Top Labels in this Space