Table Key - display Referenced Name instead of key?

Embarrassing newb question - I have two tables built from a Google sheet source: People with names and a key [email], and Personal Records with a UniqueID key.

Records references People through the Name column. When a new Record is added, everything works as intended in the app and names appear correctly, but in the back end spreadsheet it populates the name column with the email key instead of personโ€™s name.

I know this is supposed to happen, BUT I want it to populate the name instead for readability and in case I want to analyze the google sheet manually or in another app.

I know I could change this behavior by keying People with [Name] because my data set is small and there are unlikely to be any duplicate full names, but I also know itโ€™s not a good practice to have.

Is there another way to get the name to populate in the Personal Records table that doesnโ€™t break any good practices?

Would a dereference expression work in this instance?

0 3 121
3 REPLIES 3

Thanks @Marc_Dillon. My apologies, I see I did not describe my issue clearly in my post, I will edit it. Everything appears fine in the app, names appear where I want them. Also, Name is currently check as label. I want to change what is pushed to the actual google spreadsheet on the back end, which is the email address. Unless I misunderstood the link.

Yes, add an additional column and use dereference to pull in the desired value.

You did good, I just skimmed too much.

Top Labels in this Space