Table Ref column allowing multiselect

I am building a travel app where friends can record their expenses and share them. I have a table Trip Travelers and Trip Expenses.

Trip Travelers holds the names, phone number, extra of the travelers and Trip Expenses record expense for a type of expense . It has fields like type of expense, value, currency etc. One of the column is a Ref column to Trip Travelers named Shared With. It is used to capture if this particular expense is shared with someone else and allows to choose another traveler. 

The dropdown that gets built for the Ref column only allows to select one traveler. I would like it to allow to select multiple travelers in the dropdown. Is this somehow possible?

Thanks,

Vishal

Solved Solved
0 2 161
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Change the column type from a Ref to an Enum List.

When configuring the type you will be able to set the Element Type to be a Ref and can then select your Trip Travellers table there.

To get the field to populate with all the available Trip Travellers, you will need to set the other option in the Auto Suggest section.

Here just put in your table and primary key as the suggestions .

Triptravellers[primarykeyfieldname]

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Change the column type from a Ref to an Enum List.

When configuring the type you will be able to set the Element Type to be a Ref and can then select your Trip Travellers table there.

To get the field to populate with all the available Trip Travellers, you will need to set the other option in the Auto Suggest section.

Here just put in your table and primary key as the suggestions .

Triptravellers[primarykeyfieldname]

Thanks Scott. This worked. Appreciate your help. The values that are now displaying, I can multiselect but the challenge now is that I need to display only those travelers for a particular trip. It is showing some other data and will work on getting a slice that can display the right values. However, my immediate need to do multiselect has been take care of. Thanks for your help.

Top Labels in this Space