Table key with multiple User

Good morning
I have read all the articles regarding the use of keys. Nevertheless I do not know how to set up a key for my user tables. Multiple users are adding simustanelously records to the table. _RowNumber() is creating duplicate keys and therefore at least one user cannot save its work. I have created a virtual column with UNIQUEID() in the formula. same problem. I know this question has already been asked but i do not understand the workaround. None of my present recorded column has got unique values (only lists) the user is selecting a value from. Just the DATE/TIME columns would create a unique value. How can I set up the key so i do not have duplicate and it does not affect the structure of my table.

Regards

0 3 610
3 REPLIES 3

Best option is a text column with the initial value UNIQUEID(). If you don’t want to add any new column to your database, then you could use your DateTime column as a key with the initial value NOW().

I did create with UNIQUE(ID) but I did have a “duplicate rows” problem.
How can I include the seconds in my DATETIME column ?

You probably tried to do that with a virtual column’s app formula and that won’t work because it will try to generate a new unique value every time when you sync the app.

If your column is showing seconds like “00”, you need to set the option “Ignore seconds” as OFF. You can find it from column’s definition.

Top Labels in this Space