Table key with multiple User

Good morning
I have read all the articles regarding the use of keys. Nevertheless I do not know how to set up a key for my user tables. Multiple users are adding simustanelously records to the table. _RowNumber() is creating duplicate keys and therefore at least one user cannot save its work. I have created a virtual column with UNIQUEID() in the formula. same problem. I know this question has already been asked but i do not understand the workaround. None of my present recorded column has got unique values (only lists) the user is selecting a value from. Just the DATE/TIME columns would create a unique value. How can I set up the key so i do not have duplicate and it does not affect the structure of my table.

Regards

0 3 609
3 REPLIES 3

Best option is a text column with the initial value UNIQUEID(). If you donโ€™t want to add any new column to your database, then you could use your DateTime column as a key with the initial value NOW().

I did create with UNIQUE(ID) but I did have a โ€œduplicate rowsโ€ problem.
How can I include the seconds in my DATETIME column ?

You probably tried to do that with a virtual columnโ€™s app formula and that wonโ€™t work because it will try to generate a new unique value every time when you sync the app.

If your column is showing seconds like โ€œ00โ€, you need to set the option โ€œIgnore secondsโ€ as OFF. You can find it from columnโ€™s definition.

Top Labels in this Space