Table of Users to have access with Show if

I am creating multiple UX views and want to reference an “access” table. This would basically be a table listing out useremails with access level 1 or access level 2 and so on. Then inside the Show if I want to basically say show if useremail has access level 1 or 2 or even 3 and others to only show if access level 1

I found something on another topic for access to specific apps which is CONTAINS(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),UserTable,Email,App),[AppName]) but I am searching for something that would almost read like this CONTAINS(LOOKUP(USEREMAIL(),UserTable,Email,Access),[accesslevel=1,2])

I hope I am not confusing here, I am a newbie here.

Solved Solved
1 2 396
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please check out this article, it has been written for security filters, but applies perfectly to your use case:

More concretely, this should work:

IN(USEREMAIL(),SELECT(UserTable[Email],IN([accesslevel], {1, 2})))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Please check out this article, it has been written for security filters, but applies perfectly to your use case:

More concretely, this should work:

IN(USEREMAIL(),SELECT(UserTable[Email],IN([accesslevel], {1, 2})))

Thank you! If I am doing this for a UX view of a table how can I make it so a useremail can only see only certain rows that contain specific text in those rows. For example useremail can only see rows that column name contains “John”?

Top Labels in this Space