Table reference via row input

((I need an expression that will lookup any of a number of tables based on a single cell value))

I have a bit of an issue I am trying to work through, and I cannot find the correct answer in the forums. I need an expression (possibly SELECT()) where the table to look up is answered in a row value. I have a multi-table inventory app, and I am trying to expand it to handle purchase orders from multiple suppliers. So the basics of what I have that reference this particular issue are as follows:

-Products table that lists all of our inventoried items.
-Vendor links table that tags our skuโ€™s to individual vendor skuโ€™s (3 columns, our sku, vendor sku, and vendor -which tells us which vendor it is)
-Multiple tables that have uploaded price books from our vendors (each vendor has their own table that gets updated every month via csv)

What I need:
On my new purchase order table, we would select which vendor we are using, and as we select our skuโ€™s it will upload their skuโ€™s. However I also need it to upload their costs and other relevant information. Referencing their sku is an easy reference link to the skuโ€™s page. What I need to knows is how to select the appropriate vendor table to fill in all the other information, based on selecting said vendor.

((I need an expression that will lookup any of a number of tables based on a single cell value))

0 2 184
2 REPLIES 2

Dynamic selection of a Table is not possible. Youโ€™ll have to use IFS() or SWITCH() or similar, with a number of hard-coded possibilities. Such as:

SWITCH(
  [column] ,
  "table1" , SELECT( table1...) ,
  "table2" , SELECT( table2...) ,
)

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This is not a good design for use with AppSheet.

Top Labels in this Space