Table sync

I have using a MYSQL database, and a Google Calendar as data source for an app in Appsheet

I would like to create a two way sync between the Google Calendar entries and a table in MYSQL

e.g.

when a record is created/amended/deleted in the table, it will add/amend/delete a record of the same details in Google Calendar

when a record is created/amended/deleted in Google Calendar, it will add/amend/delete a record of the same details in the table.

I am trying to use the Bot, but I am struggling with

1. how can I copy the value of a field in the Google Calendar table, to a field in the mysql table?

Your help would be much appreciated.

0 6 122
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What have you tried?

So there's databases- mysql and google calendar. I am trying to make it so if there is an update on either of the connected tables it also updates the other. Currently tried using a ref for each of the records and corresponding tables. It works initially and then is deleted after trying to save. Hope this makes sense

So the question is, is google calendar compatible with Mysql and other sources to be synced I get an error code 400 if that helps  

Your use of "sync" is confusing. What do you mean by it?

Google Calendar is seen by AppSheet as just another table, so most anything you can do with any other table you can do with a calendar. The calendar structure is fixed, though, so you can't add or remove physical columns; but you can add and remove virtual columns.

Sync would mean that we're trying to add data to 1 source and it updating on all other sources that we link it to. But when we try to do this we see it and then it gets deleted and we get an error 

Based on your very vague description, I can't offer any advice. Mr details, including screenshots, would probably help.

Top Labels in this Space