Table views: QuickEdit columns with inline actions

Hey there,

In a table view I have several URL, telephone and email columns that get rendered as concatenated inline icons without column names.

When I click QuickEdit, these columns remain as inline icons without column names.

I find this UX to be lacking because I can't distinguish multiple columns of the same type, and I can't edit these columns in QuickEdit mode.

fdmsaraiva_0-1644267839929.png

I would like that:

1) column labels were not suppressed and inline action icons show under their corresponding column labels

2) columns with inline actions reveal their values when QuickEdit is on, and these values become editable

Doable?

0 7 166
  • UX
7 REPLIES 7

Attach your inline Actions to a different column, instead of the one holding the value.

Hi @Marc_Dillon, thanks for the reply!

I don't think your suggestion is practical though, because:

• If I create 1 VC action anchor, and attach all inline actions to that VC, I still have a series of repeated icons and no way of knowing which corresponds to which column.
  • If I create multiple VC action anchors, one per actionable column, to place them beside their corresponding column, that can scale up to way too many VCs and an unintuitive app design, where in detail views action icons don't show inline, but rather above/below their corresponding columns, and you can't easily tell whether the action is for the field above or below.

Isn't there any way to disable inline actions replacing column values in table views, and just appear besides them? Seems to me like that would be the best solution here.

@fdmsaraiva wrote:

Isn't there any way to disable inline actions replacing column values in table views, and just appear besides them? Seems to me like that would be the best solution here.

Nope.

Is this something people already requested be changed?

Pre-Google, writing to support@appsheet.com used to be a good way to reach out to the Appsheet team, does it still work like that?

Yes. I linked you to the feature request in my last post. Give it a like to vote for it.

Now you contact support from here:

https://www.appsheet.com/Support/Contact

Which can be quickly accessed from the editor from here:

Marc_Dillon_0-1645030782089.png

Thanks, upvoted your request and submitted that form.

๐Ÿคž

Top Labels in this Space