Task due alert with pop-up in destkop, with possibility to extend the reminder.

Hello I'm trying to find a way to create a reminder application, where I can set a day and time and when the deadline arrives, a pop-up window appears on my desktop alerting me about the due date of the task. Please, how can I create notifications that appear on both desktop and mobile when the task deadline is due? Another question is if I can add a field to repeat the task reminder every 8 minutes for example. Explaining it better, If a notification appears on the screen that I have to send an email to a client but I am in a meeting that I am not sure how long it will last, it would be good if I could extend that task from x to x minutes until that I finally execute it. For me it is very important that the tasks "appear on the screen" from time to time. Thanks in advance for the support!

0 1 114
1 REPLY 1

As I am guessing you are aware, there is not a way to send Push Notifications to a Desktop.  Additionally, on mobile, Push Notifications can be easily overlooked or missed altogether.

Also, there is not a way to trigger a random pop-up to notify the user.

For these reasons, I typically use an "alert" view in apps where a user needs to be notified of something.  This is simply a MAIN view that is shown ONLY when there are "alerts".  Otherwise, the view is hidden.

In your case, I would create a "Reminders" view and place it in the Main View list.  Use an icon that makes it stand out.  Set the Show property to an expression that checks for any reminders for the logged in user.  If blank, the view is hidden.  If reminders are listed, then the view is shown in the bar at the bottom of the app

@PauloD wrote:

Another question is if I can add a field to repeat the task reminder every 8 minutes for example.

For mobile you can do this, just not easily, but not for Desktop.  However, my suggested approach above eliminates the need for this.   All reminders will be shown continuously.  The question then is how to remove reminders once resolved/seen.  There are a couple of ways:

• User actively dismisses the reminder - maybe for more critical items.
  • Use automation to clear the reminders periodically - maybe for informational items.

Once you have this feature implem,emted, there are lots of ways you can go to manage the reminder/alert list.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space