Tasksheet app and progress recorder

Hi everyone, Im trying to create a tasksheet app that is automated to push out various tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly time frame.

I also want my app to be able to record down the tasks that were and were not completed. Using that recorded data, i want to plot a graph with it. for example, Last week 8/10 tasks were completed and the week before, 10/10 tasks were completed. On a graph it would show only 80% was achieved last week but 100% of tasks were achieved the week before last. Im new to app sheet and would appreciate any guidance on how to do this or if it possible, as Im struggling with how to record the data to be stored and graphed.

Solved Solved
0 1 116
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Welcome to AppSheet, I hope you have enjoyed using the platform as I have. My recommendation is that you go to the behavior side menu and the actions tab to set up an action. 

This action will create a new row in some table you have or need to make called weekly data. The expression it could be set up with is COUNT(SELECT(Tasks[ID],[status]="Complete")) / COUNT(SELECT(Tasks[ID],[status]="Incomplete")). 

Then you could set a bot to run this action in the automation side menu and set the schedule to every week on Saturday at 11 o'clock or whatever time you wanted. Then in the weekly data table on the percent complete column you could have the data you are looking for. 

Craig

QREW Technologies 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Welcome to AppSheet, I hope you have enjoyed using the platform as I have. My recommendation is that you go to the behavior side menu and the actions tab to set up an action. 

This action will create a new row in some table you have or need to make called weekly data. The expression it could be set up with is COUNT(SELECT(Tasks[ID],[status]="Complete")) / COUNT(SELECT(Tasks[ID],[status]="Incomplete")). 

Then you could set a bot to run this action in the automation side menu and set the schedule to every week on Saturday at 11 o'clock or whatever time you wanted. Then in the weekly data table on the percent complete column you could have the data you are looking for. 

Craig

QREW Technologies 

Top Labels in this Space