Template - Google Doc

Hello All,

I have creating a PDF file using Google Doc template. I have read that Appsheet doesnt support Header and Footer functionality:

But what is the workaround to achieve the same? I even tried to create a table with these options:

JayG_0-1703793661844.png

JayG_1-1703793682660.png

JayG_2-1703793724028.png

But instead of being fixed at the bottom of the page, it works like "move with text" functionality. I need to have totals, discount, grand total at the bottom of the page, but the problem is if there are less lines items, this table move to the middle of the page instead of staying in the bottom.

Appreciate any help on this? Thanks

Solved Solved
0 10 629
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you. Please try below. Please insert those sections in another table cells in the template. So may be the top and middle portion can be in one table cell and the summary section at the bottom can be in another cell. Please ensure the bottom portion's cell where Grand total, offer discount etc. fields are there is at the bottom of the template page. 

Please see the sample template below. The template table's and expressions are inserted in other red color table cells.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1703832736538.png

Now the PDF report looks like below. As you can see  in the report image below, even though there are fewer records in the order in the middle portion, the bottom portion has not moved up.  After testing you can make those red color cells as white color so that those do not appear in the PDF report.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1703833059008.png

You could perform sufficient testing to ensure the template works for low as well as higher number of records.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Lo

@JayG wrote:

I need to have totals, discount, grand total at the bottom of the page, but the problem is if there are less lines items, this table move to the middle of the page instead of staying in the bottom.

Lol, is that triggering your OCD? ๐Ÿ˜†

Just put the totals after the child items and you're done. Header and Footer never really work.

Cheers

But by doing that if there is only 1 child record, totals appear in the middle of the page, which is what I dont want. 

The community could suggest better if you could share the template , the current pdf ( with issue highlighted) and the desired outcome you would like. While sharing of course please use dummy data for any populated fields in the pdf report.

However please note that based on description so far, the solution may need a workaround and as such some addition of a dummy record etc. to the said table.

Hi @Suvrutt_Gurjar - Sure, here is my quotation template:

1) Top part is the Company information, which I have placed in a table (ideally this was to be my header). As a workaround every page I will have to add this but the problem is child records exceeds and goes to the next page, then Company infromation wont come

2) Middle part: These are my child table entries for each quotation. There is no fixed number of rows for each of it. It can be one row or it can be multiple rows too. Hence I dont have a control on how many child records will be there

3) Bottom part - I am showing totals and customer acceptance signature. This I need to be at the bottom only. But if my child records are only few, totals goes up and and if they are more totals goes to the next page and appear anywhere in the document where child records finishes without Company information in the top

JayG_0-1703829867914.png

Hope I was able to explain the problem statement, please let me know if its still not clear. Thank you!

Thank you. Please try below. Please insert those sections in another table cells in the template. So may be the top and middle portion can be in one table cell and the summary section at the bottom can be in another cell. Please ensure the bottom portion's cell where Grand total, offer discount etc. fields are there is at the bottom of the template page. 

Please see the sample template below. The template table's and expressions are inserted in other red color table cells.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1703832736538.png

Now the PDF report looks like below. As you can see  in the report image below, even though there are fewer records in the order in the middle portion, the bottom portion has not moved up.  After testing you can make those red color cells as white color so that those do not appear in the PDF report.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1703833059008.png

You could perform sufficient testing to ensure the template works for low as well as higher number of records.

Thank you @Suvrutt_Gurjar for this awesome idea! I will try this and revert to you about the results.

Just to summarize and confirm my understanding about your solution.

• There will be 1 master table with lets says two rows.
  • First row will contain Top (Company) and Middle portion (Child records) and second row will contain Bottom part (Totals and Customer Sign, etc.). (Nested tables)
  • We can then control and fix the cell heights for these two rows

Yes, correct.

Thanks @Suvrutt_Gurjar . It works perfectly.

You are welcome. Thank you for the update. Good to know it works as you want.

Top Labels in this Space