Text([number]) without thousand separators

Hello friends. I have the following field

TEXT(YEAR([Date]))

This returns me a text with a number that has thousands separators but I don't want thousands separators. Does anyone know how to correct the formula so that it has the format without thousands separators?

thanks from now

Solved Solved
0 4 376
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not sure what you've got inside TEXT() but try SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(...),",","") to remove all commas

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Is there a reason you want the year as text?  I think you need to do this in two steps.  First, have the 'Year' column type as number and set to =YEAR(Date), and in the column definition make sure thousands separator is turned off.  Then refer to this in whatever expression you are using as TEXT(Year).

Hello how are you? Well actually the reason is that I want to concatenate the name of the month and the year and to do so I thought it was convenient to change its format to text. It happens that if I leave it as a number and remove the thousands separator, when concatenating, the update leaves me a number 45637 instead of jun-2023

Not sure what you've got inside TEXT() but try SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(...),",","") to remove all commas

substitute(TEXT(year([Data])),".","")

Top Labels in this Space