The expression is valid but its result type 'List' is not one of the expected types: Enum

Hi

I need help. I m creating an automation to add data from one table to another. The column that I want to copy is Enum type and it gives the below error.

Mayura_0-1703301943989.png

How can I avoid this error?

Solved Solved
0 5 1,033
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If it's a data change Bot, then you just need to use [Column] that you want to read.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

In general.. when writing the formula like TableName[ColumnName], it reads all values from that column from that table.. and that's why the result is a list. If you need to read the column's value only, the [ColumnName] is enough. Though it depends on where you are using it, like do you need to specify the row as well.

Hi Aleksi

Thanks for the reply. So my situation is I need to add an automation to add new rows from one table to the other as shown below. This is why I had to mention the TableName[ColumnName].

Is there a way to go about this to find a solution. Please let me know whether you need more context to understand the issue.

Mayura_0-1703313595785.png

If it's a data change Bot, then you just need to use [Column] that you want to read.

Thanks Aleksi

Btw how do I know when to use the [Column] or TableName[Column]. Is there any guideline for this?

If you need for example a list of values to your dropdown (Enum, EnumList) column, and you want to read it from another table, then you need to use Table[Column] as it creates a list of values. If you want to use the column and its value in the same record, you use [Column]. For example you would like to calculate a value from the other column #1, in column #2, it would be like [Column #1] + 100.

Top Labels in this Space