There is a mismatch in the number of between the spreadsheet for Sheet A and the table schema but...

Hey. I noticed something. Please let me know if I'm missing something.

Let's say I have 10 columns (A - J).

Scenario 1: If I added a column(s) between A-J
Result: There is a mismatch in the number of between the spreadsheet for Sheet A and the table schema

Scenario 2: If I added a column(s) after column J
Result: There is a mismatch in the number of between the spreadsheet for Sheet A and the table schema BUT it will only return an error if there are any data in the newly added columns

Scenario 3: If I delete a column(s) between A-J
Result: No Error

0 3 175
3 REPLIES 3

This previous post might help - https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/AppSheet-Q-A/AppSheet-s-Achilles-Heel/m-p/426191#M168807

The basic rule is that as soon as you add a column you need to do a "Regenerate Structure" on that table to tell Appsheet the new columns exist.  Once you do this you have to get your users to also sync their devices IMMEIDATELY.  Since if their version of the app tries to upload data and sees a column number mismatch, it will refuse to sync any data.

Simon@1minManager.com

@1minManager wrote:

The basic rule is that as soon as you add a column you need to do a "Regenerate Structure" on that table to tell Appsheet the new columns exist.

Hello Simon. Thank you for your reply. Yes, that's the basic rule but this will only apply with Scenario 1. But isn't it odd that the app doesn't return any error with Scenario 2 and 3?

From what I've been able to gather, AppSheet only looks at worksheet column names during a regenerate. After that, AppSheet works with the worksheet column numbers internally and ignores the worksheet header row.

When looking at the worksheet, the worksheet columns start with column A and go up to the last column that has a header, or that contains any data (even if the column doesn't have a header).

A column before the last data column that has no header and/or no data is still counted as a column.

Top Labels in this Space