This is helping me a lot, thank you!

NCD
Silver 2
Silver 2

@Aurelien 

ใ‚นใ‚ฏใƒชใƒผใƒณใ‚ทใƒงใƒƒใƒˆ 2022-03-26 13.30.02.jpg

โ€ƒThese actions made my life soo much easier thank you!

The extra columns I have to create is kind of bugging me but I guess you can't have it both ways ๐Ÿ˜•

But I did manage to make it so that the IDs that will be stored in the [NextParent], [PreviousParent] to delete itself by;

โ€ข Adding a New Action

Action Name: Delete the [NextParent]

For a record of this table: Parent Table

Do this: Data: set the values of some columns in this row

Set these columns: NextParent = ""

and

โ€ข Check Reset on edit for PreviousParent

because almost always you're going to edit that copied rows right?

Also I made both [NextParent] and [PreviousParent] to a Type Enum, Base type Ref!

Just cause I didn't like the way it looked in the specs view when its Type Ref, where it'll give itself an arrow.

I was also wondering, is this something similar to what I have to do in order to,

move (not copy) a parent row to another existing table and move its associated child(s) to another existing Table? 

Or are there easier ways for that?

Thanks again!!

Solved Solved
1 2 215
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @NCD 

I'm happy this sample app helped you.

It's nice to hear you understood it and managed to appropriate yourself this sample ๐Ÿ™‚

Actually it can be improved, I started from a previous sample and managed to improve it: then, my trainee improved mine as well but I didn't made the change on my samples by lack of time.

You are correct, you can get rid of the Next Parent as soon as you have the Previous Parent. In the end, that makes at least 2 actions less than actual. This is the improvement my trainee made ๐Ÿ˜›

About your question for moving on another table, I think you will need to make a very similar set of actions: it's still a "duplication" operation.

You will need to add another set of actions in order to delete all the original one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Aurelien
Google Developer Expert
Google Developer Expert

Hi @NCD 

I'm happy this sample app helped you.

It's nice to hear you understood it and managed to appropriate yourself this sample ๐Ÿ™‚

Actually it can be improved, I started from a previous sample and managed to improve it: then, my trainee improved mine as well but I didn't made the change on my samples by lack of time.

You are correct, you can get rid of the Next Parent as soon as you have the Previous Parent. In the end, that makes at least 2 actions less than actual. This is the improvement my trainee made ๐Ÿ˜›

About your question for moving on another table, I think you will need to make a very similar set of actions: it's still a "duplication" operation.

You will need to add another set of actions in order to delete all the original one.

NCD
Silver 2
Silver 2

Thank you!

I'll give it try!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Top Labels in this Space