Tickler File App - Basic Setup

I'm working on creating a somewhat simple tickler file app, which basically manages low-priority tasks.

I'd like to create buttons to snooze the tasks, and push the date by:
(1) 1 day
(2) 2 days
(3) 1 week
(4) 1 month

I'd also like to put tasks into buckets, and view them by these groups:
(1) Today
(2) Tomorrow
(3) This Week
(4) Next Week
(5) Next Month
(6) Later

My columns are:
Task
Description
Date

Here are a couple questions I have:
(1) In the Behavior section, I set up a new action. I set Date to "Today()+1" to snooze the task to tomorrow.
When I click the button to snooze, I get an error message "Action Failed - Date is Required". Any ideas on what's going on and how to fix?
(2) I was able to group tasks by Date, by going in the UX section and setting "View type" to "Deck" and "Group by" to "Date."
In order to group by the buckets I itemized above, would I have to set up a new column in the source data, to dynamically calculate which bucket each task goes to?

Thanks so much in advance!
James

Solved Solved
0 2 167
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@jamesk999 wrote:

I set Date to "Today()+1"

Assuming you didn't include the quotation marks in the expression you entered, that looks appropriate. I suggest post a screenshot of your action so others can look and maybe detect what might be off.

@jamesk999 wrote:

have to set up a new column in the source data

You need a virtual column so that the values "dynamically calculate" each time the app re-syncs. If you create columns in the data source, they'll only recalculate for a given row when you edit the row.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@jamesk999 wrote:

I set Date to "Today()+1"

Assuming you didn't include the quotation marks in the expression you entered, that looks appropriate. I suggest post a screenshot of your action so others can look and maybe detect what might be off.

@jamesk999 wrote:

have to set up a new column in the source data

You need a virtual column so that the values "dynamically calculate" each time the app re-syncs. If you create columns in the data source, they'll only recalculate for a given row when you edit the row.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer. Thanks!

Top Labels in this Space