Timesheet app

Hi All,

I Built a time sheet app a number of years back together with many other projects. However I'm rusty. The time sheet has worked until the 19.05.22 when a number of issues appeared and cant seem to have it resolved. The issue stems from the Clock In screen > Name Slice, where we are now unable to add employee names.  Help appreciated.

1 7 180
7 REPLIES 7

Please share screenshots of your app and describe the behavior in more detail so that community members could help. 

Please see below images

Pic 1

SmartSelect_20220608-195026_AppSheet.jpg

โ€ƒpic 2

SmartSelect_20220608-195042_AppSheet.jpg

โ€ƒpic 3

SmartSelect_20220608-195057_AppSheet.jpg

โ€ƒpic 4

SmartSelect_20220608-195117_AppSheet.jpg

โ€ƒPrior to the issue we would add a name. This name would IF previously entered would appear in the list of pic 2. This is not happening. When adding new we receive warning as pic 4.

Please let me know if there is more info required. Thanks.

You cannot have your Name column as key. Have a separate key column with UNIQUEID() in its Initial Value.  

Hi Joseph, 

Possibly, but I'm not sure as this did not previously cause the problem. Making changes could lead me down a dark path.

Playing around for the past hour or more to try and recall the process.  Why is location list showing fine when this is KEY, while Employees are not? We need name to show previous employee names to pick from.

Paul

Hello Paul,

It worked fine until you needed to add another Paul record, and keys cannot have duplicate values.  For this and for showing names please read these guides:

Thanks for your reply Joseph.

I understand it is way better to have a UniqueID, but our list of names are limited. Even so, I have tried to get the app working by adding a new ID column to the Employee spreadsheet and Timesheet spreadsheet. However I dont see any instruction online for linking theses or how the whole spreadshhets are linked to enable this to work.  Not sure why it works for the Location Names without an UniqueID.

Hi Paul,

Same answer, keys cannot have duplicates. Please read the two guides in my last comment.

How the tables are linked? First, please also read the guides below:

Top Labels in this Space