Timestamp Changing

So in my CRM there is an area within a customer profile to log activity for that account. This all works except for the timestamp. If I save an activity the initial activity prior to syncing comes up with the current datetime. But once it syncs then it changes to a date field turning the time area to 12:00:00. 

Because it happens at time of sync rather than the initial saving of it, it leads me to believe that there is a background process that I made that is getting triggered every time I save. I have looked everywhere and cannot find. So before searching any more, I was just going to ask if anyone knew of something else that might be happening rather than a process issue.

0 19 195
19 REPLIES 19

What data source are you using? It could be that you have specified the column type to something else than DateTime there.

It is appsheet database.

The column type is set to DateTime

Nomartkd_0-1696963064077.png

And your column type is set as DateTime and the initial value is NOW()?

This is what it looks like.

Nomartkd_0-1696963200759.png

Nomartkd_1-1696963270199.png

I do have a bot set up to update tasks and to alert salespeople when someone else logs an activity on their customer profile. 

This is what that bot looks like in monitoring.

Nomartkd_2-1696963442640.png

Like it never sent the time with the DateTime.

Check from the Audit history what value was recorded.

This is what it shows in the appsheet database  history for a row.

I am not sure outside of the process monitoring that I would check.

Nomartkd_0-1696963735716.png

Editor > Manage > Monitor > Audit history > Find the correct log > Check it's details

Sure, And I've gotten there but I have no idea what I am looking at.

Check the latest logs and find a row that belongs to that table and it's "Add row". Then click the blue icon on the right. That opens details how the record was saved originally.

Ok. Found it and it shows the correct timestamp.

Nomartkd_1-1696966113743.png

Then it sounds it's your process doing something with the value.

That's what I was thinking but I have been searching for HOURS trying to find something within a process that would trigger a change to the timestamp but I cant find anything.

Why in the process monitoring would it say that the event that triggered the process had a value of only a date? I think something is happening prior to the event being triggered as once the process fires, the event that caused it to fire doesnt show a time on the timestamp area.

Then this causes it to default to 12:00:00am

So.. what is your Bot doing? What happens if you disable the Bot?

Same thing happens. It shows up Initially, but once it stops syncing it defaults the time back to midnight.

D you have any action manipulating the record when the form is saved? You can find it from that form view's definition. It's called Event action.

This is the formula within the action button that brings up my activity form:

Nomartkd_0-1696970019151.png

Here is the event action when form is saved from the "Activity_Form" View

Nomartkd_1-1696970111920.png

Meaning.. you don't have any action triggered when the form view is saved.

And you don't have any other Bot related to this table?

Top Labels in this Space