Tips on how to make a receipt template for bluetooth thermal printer.

Hi,

I am trying to make a receipt app for a restaurant in a hotel, but there is a detail in the final printing that are bothering me, it is page breaks, i tried to setup in google docs the pageless option, i tried to remove the bottom and top margin, it helped but i still getting this wastefull space:

photo_2023-09-09_16-00-50.jpg

On the very middle, where the page breaks, there is a space off the grid. There is any clue on how to reduce it?

1 9 1,960
9 REPLIES 9

May I ask how does your template look like? Printscreen possible from it? 

It's stretched to fit in my 58mm thermal printer.

c4rvalho_0-1694534263201.png

Apartamento: <<[Apto_No]>>

Cliente: <<[Client_Name]>>

Data: <<[Date]>>

Produtos

Qt

Nome

R$

Subt

<<Start:Unique([Related ComandaDets][item_id])>><<Sum(Select( ComandaDet[qty],and([comandas]=[_Thisrow].[ID_Comanda],[Item_id]=[_thisrow-1])))>>

<<[Item_Name]>>

<<decimal([Unity_Price])>>

<<decimal(Sum(Select( ComandaDet[qty],and([comandas]=[_Thisrow].[ID_Comanda],[Item_id]=[_thisrow-1])))*[Unity_Price])>><<End>>

Total: <<[Total]>>

Ass: _______________________

It sounds weird as the page break is happening in the center of your table. What have you set as the paper size?

May I ask what printer are you using?

I didn't change the page size at all, just made the font bigger, but the page is (21,6 cm x 27,9 cm), my printer is  a generic from aliexpress: https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005005996347301.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.1.5f663e73mkfugQ&alg....

Have you tested what happens if you use special paper size where the width is 58mm and length what you need?

Just out of curiosity.. how do you send the receipt to this thermal printer automatically? Normally people have their printer connected to laptop with software installed and it recognize the new email with an attachment.. or they have a printer with direct email address.

I will test tomorrow and tell you, now i don't have access to the printer.  I connect the printer to my cellphone, when i generate the pdf through the appsheet app a pop up appear in the screen asking how I wan't to open the pdf, then I open it with the app "bluetooth printer" that I downloaded in the play store, in the app I just click on print.

Okay thanks, then it makes sense as it's not happening automatically.

We are following PDF - Printing

Reports or Receipts are generated as PDFs in app and once PDF is opened there we will give print.

Top Labels in this Space