Title from Group name & why to tap over a blank space

Hello, I appreciate any help you can give to me. After grouping, I would like to see the name of the Grouped Field in the list after clicking the Group I desire (see green line in the picture).

Other is I have a problem, the content of the records of the group are separated with a blank space between each row. Actually to view the detail I canโ€™t click on the text of the Field, I must click on the blank space to view inside for detail. (see Red question marks).

Thank you in advance for your help.

Omar.

Solved Solved
0 7 290
  • UX
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Steve, I tried that, but then I lose the grouping by the 1st field TRIBUNAL

3X_1_3_13834ed5740daad9546cc26de080dc5c83dacddd.png

aNY way I found the solution, as you said, I remove CASO from groupby, but I added any other field and now it looks as desire. bUT Leave CASO in โ€œcolumn orderโ€

I think the problem is that CASO field is LongText, maybe that was the reason the blank space, maybe.

Thank you all friends.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Not possible.

My guess is that displayed column(s) of the rows within the group are blank, or hidden. Perhaps choose a different column to display?

For further troubleshooting, please post a screenshot of the viewโ€™s configuration screen.

Hello Steve, thank you for your quick response. I set โ€œColumn Orderโ€ to only 1 field (CASO). The result shows indeed โ€œCASOโ€ but still a blank line between each row, and still the situation where I need to click on the blank space to see the Detail. Thank you in advance for your support.

Try removing CASO from Group by.

Hi Steve, I tried that, but then I lose the grouping by the 1st field TRIBUNAL

3X_1_3_13834ed5740daad9546cc26de080dc5c83dacddd.png

aNY way I found the solution, as you said, I remove CASO from groupby, but I added any other field and now it looks as desire. bUT Leave CASO in โ€œcolumn orderโ€

I think the problem is that CASO field is LongText, maybe that was the reason the blank space, maybe.

Thank you all friends.

Nope.

The Column Order section specifies which columns to display in the main table view. If you have a column in Column Order, and then also in Group-By, it will not be shown in the main table anymore. And since you didnโ€™t have any other columns set in the Column Order besides [CASO], then there was nothing else to display, thus the blank space.

Yep, you got it right there, adding a second Group-By column is necessary to activate the โ€œdrill-downโ€ behavior. Check the following article for more, it even recommends just adding _RowNumber.

Maybe if you have 2 columns with identical data. One for the grouping and one as a table column.

Adding a second โ€œColumn Orderโ€ just replace the blank space. But in my case I would like to see only โ€œCASOโ€ field all toguether like a list (with out a blank space to click).

Btw in the Table CASOS I replace the BITACORA field name with โ€œCOMENTARIOSโ€ so I think that is the reason to see at the Top the name โ€œCOMENTARIOSโ€

Top Labels in this Space