Tooltips or Descriptions/Instructions Possible?

It seems that columns can have a Display Name and a Description but it appears to be one or the other. What I am looking for is a way to add some "instructions" to a field in a form.

On the screenshot, I have locked the min/max range for the numbers to be between 0.00-1.00. I would assume the doctors are already aware of this min/max, since they requested it be jailed to a specified range, but i would like to be able to add a description that says something like "please enter a value between 0.00-1.00." If I put text in the description field, it seems to override the display name.

If an unaccepted number is entered , the error message shows "this entry is invalid" but gives no indication of what a valid entry should be. So can i add a text description, or alternately, can i customize the error message on a per field basis?

Screenshot 2022-06-07 08.10.07.png

Solved Solved
0 3 142
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Two things.

1. In my experince, Description is for forms, Display Name is for everything else.
  2. About the message on invalid input, there is a config for that inside every column. Check this  How To Show a Custom Valid If Error Message - Google Cloud Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Two things.

1. In my experince, Description is for forms, Display Name is for everything else.
  2. About the message on invalid input, there is a config for that inside every column. Check this  How To Show a Custom Valid If Error Message - Google Cloud Community

Option 2 it is, thank you. Not sure why i didn't think of this, i have literally used it before ๐Ÿ˜‚

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4
Top Labels in this Space