Total per Vendor per year

The layout

Table 1 (Vendors Info)

Table 2 (Purchase Orders Info)

I am trying to add a V-Colume to Table 1 that adds the PO Total from all orders open in a year for each Vendor.

Here is what Ihave tried already I just cant figure out the correct way to put in the date range.

I have tryed putting in the range a few ways but nothing seems to work.

sum(
select(
Purchase Orders[PO Total],
and ( [Vendor] = [_thisrow].[Vendor], in(Purchase Orders[Order Date], {โ€œDate Rangeโ€}))))

Solved Solved
0 1 63
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The IN function evaluates whether a value is a member of a list--not whether it falls within a range.

If you have start and end dates for your range, you need to evaluate each separately. For example:

AND(..., [Order Date] >= {expression returning start date}, [Order Date] <= {expression returning end date})

If you need to calculate a start or end date, there are many useful Date and time expressions

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The IN function evaluates whether a value is a member of a list--not whether it falls within a range.

If you have start and end dates for your range, you need to evaluate each separately. For example:

AND(..., [Order Date] >= {expression returning start date}, [Order Date] <= {expression returning end date})

If you need to calculate a start or end date, there are many useful Date and time expressions

Top Labels in this Space