Totals not showing on inline form

I have copied the “Order Capture” App with the Order Details Inline view but I can’t get the totals (virtual column [Item_Id].[Price] * [Quantity]) to show on my form. What am I missing?

0 9 535
  • UX
9 REPLIES 9

I meant I want them to show on the inline view.

Hi Is the column set to “Show” ? What can you see when you click on the row ? Is the Total there? You can rearrange the column order if it is just a visual problem.

Yes its set to show. Clicking on the row to Job Details_Details shows it bu only the current record - its not adding anything up .

I want to see it on the inline view. as a total at the bottom.

Follow up question - can I have it as a virtual item instead so that it adds up the items when I add something to them?

The Order total in The Order Detail is a VC

It sounds that you want to sum the total from your child records. The easiest way is if you group the inline view for example with the parent ID and then use the aggregate value for the sum.

When I press the group by dropdown the Jobs_Id field doesn’t appear. It shows in the Sort By dropdown.

If you see the original Order Capture sample, the Order table (not the Order Detail) has a virtual column that shows the sum of the totals of the order details. That is the most obvious way to do what you want.

Nearly there but it is showing the total of all the jobs.

I have
SUM ( SELECT (Job Details[Total], [Jobs_ID] = [_THISROW].[Job_ID]))
a list - REF_ROWS(“Job Details”, “Jobs_ID”)
and a VC in Job Details - [Item_Id].[Price] * [Quantity]

Suddenly its working! I can go to bed now!

Top Labels in this Space