Tournament creation

Hi Everyone,

I am completely new to App building but I've created a tournament google sheet with different template worksheets based on the number of teams in each divison, with each team playing 4 matches total. The worksheet has all the brackets or match formats and formulas for each in it which I hope means I can integrate this easily into the app I build.

I am looking to build something like Tournify that is specific for my tournament type, allowing me to first off set up the tournament with multiple divisions, then I would be able to add the match results in which will update the progress of this throughout the division based on results. Ideally the admin area has this functionality to create the format, then the user area allows people to find their match time, ideally able to search for their team and see their match results update based on their progress.

Is there a good way to start out and find tutorials with this as I know I am being extremely ambitious to attempt this from scratch but I want to try to build something here that works.

Any help or guidance is highly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

@LukeSR wrote:

formulas for each in it which I hope means I can integrate this easily into the app I build

We advice to not use Worksheet formulas, just AppSheet expressions instead when possible.

@LukeSR wrote:

Is there a good way to start out and find tutorials with this as I know I am being extremely ambitious to attempt this from scratch but I want to try to build something here that works

There is no "extremely ambitious" idea inside AppSheet when it comes to B2B apps.

I don't have any tutorials for you, but I can try to point you to the right direction from my POV, and it's that you learn about the platform by yourself as much as possible instead of pursuing just a single goal with the minimum platform knowlegde. Take AppSheet as a skill to master that then will help you build anything you want, instead of trying to play a song in the guitar without knowing how to actually play the guitar but just the song... is that clear?

I just want to prevent you from getting stuck after weeks of effort

Top Labels in this Space