Track changes

Hi guys, 

Please kindly help me below 

I have Table 1 with columns : [ID], [PRICE], [NOTE]

and Table 2 with columns : [ID], [TIME STAMP], [CATEGORY], [OLD DATA], [NEW DATA]

In case, I change a row data of [PRICE] from $1 to $2, then how we can automatically create a new row in Table 2 with :

- [ID] = UNIQUEID()

- [TIME STAMP] = NOW()

- [CATEGORY] = "PRICE" ( because data changed on the [PRICE] column)

- [OLD DATA] = $1

- [NEW DATA] = $2

Solved Solved
0 5 131
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For [Price], you can detect change with a BOT that triggers on data update with the following condition.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1650258134231.png

You will need a similar approach for [Note] column. You can suitably OR() it with the above condition for data change of BOT

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Please explore below.

Please create a column called say [PriceBefore] in the table 1 with an app formula [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Price]. Please keep it hidden.

Use an action type "Data:  add a new row to another table using values from this table" from table 1 to table 2 and set the following columns to get data into table 2 from table 1

- [ID] = UNIQUEID()

[Table 1 ID] = [ID]

- [TIME STAMP] = NOW()

- [CATEGORY] = "PRICE"

[Old Data] =[PriceBefore]

[New Data]=[Price]

I think you will also need a column of [Table 1 ID] in table 2 as highlighted above because you need to know you have changed price for which item from the table 1

Edit: I think you may need a bot with condition [_THISROW_BEFORE].[Price]<>[_THISROW_AFTER].{Price] to trigger the action.

Thanks,

How about the [CATEGORY], for example if I changed the data on the [NOTE]  column on table 1 

then how to make app sheet record on Table 2 with the [CATEGORY] = "NOTE"

You can apply similar logic. You may need a column [NoteBefore] and so on.

How to let appsheet know the data I changed is son [NOTE] or [PRICE] column?

For [Price], you can detect change with a BOT that triggers on data update with the following condition.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1650258134231.png

You will need a similar approach for [Note] column. You can suitably OR() it with the above condition for data change of BOT

Top Labels in this Space