Tracking Method for entries (Status Column)

Currently been looking to implement a tracking method/audit fields on the Google App Sheet composed of these Columns below. However I've been having some issues setting up the columns bolded, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated:

• Entry Status: Created, Modified, Deleted
  • Created By: returns USEREMAIL() on initial value
  • Created Time: returns NOW() on initial value
  • Last Modified By
  • Last Modified Time 
  • Deleted By: I have currently set an action on 'Delete' to return USEREMAIL()
  • Deleted Time:  I have currently set an action on 'Delete' to return NOW()

I'm currently having trouble establishing the bolded fields. 

• For 'Entry Status' I'm able on initial value to return "Created" and also setting "Deleted" when the custom action 'Delete' is clicked. However, I'm having trouble setting the "Modified" status: how would I switch this column to "Modified" whenever a user Edits the corresponding entry? 
  • For 'Last Modified By' I would like to set it to USEREMAIL() whenever an entry is edited, however it doesn't seem like there is a column type for this. Is there any workarounds for this? 
  • For 'Last Modified Time' I'm able to use the 'ChangeTimeStamp' column type, however it seems to also generate an time right on entry creation too... how would I modify this so it only generates a timestamp when it is modified the first time (not on creation)?  

Thanks for your help!

0 1 87
1 REPLY 1

@DataShogun wrote:

• For 'Last Modified By' I would like to set it to USEREMAIL() whenever an entry is edited, however it doesn't seem like there is a column type for this. Is there any workarounds for this? 
  • For 'Last Modified Time' I'm able to use the 'ChangeTimeStamp' column type, however it seems to also generate an time right on entry creation too... how would I modify this so it only generates a timestamp when it is modified the first time (not on creation)?  

You could try app formula setting of USEREMAIL() in an email type column for the [Last Modified By] column,

You could try app formula setting of NOW() in an datetime type column for the [Last Modified Time]

@DataShogun wrote:

For 'Entry Status' I'm able on initial value to return "Created" and also setting "Deleted" when the custom action 'Delete' is clicked. However, I'm having trouble setting the "Modified" status: how would I switch this column to "Modified" whenever a user Edits the corresponding entry? 

In the initial value of the [Entry Status] column, please try an expression of 

IF(IN([Key column], Table_name[Key column]), "Modified", "Created")

Also please enable "reset on edit" setting.

Here table name is the table whose entries you are racking.  The above approach will work to change [Entry Status] column in form edit mode. If you are using actions to modify some other columns of the table, then you may need action to change this [Entry Status] column also.

Top Labels in this Space