Transaction of adding child records is annoying!

Hello everyone!

This is really a big problem for us, as we have to add hundreds of child records under a parent record. Each time the UI moves side-by-side to reach child form, then back to parent form, and then again child form....

This continues hundred times and this is really very annoying for us. Can you please let us know the better way to add child records in the quickest way possible?

Thanks in anticipation!

Solved Solved
0 4 143
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's the quickest way I can think of to open a new child form view. Though this way the user doesn't need to press anything except "Save".

Though if you set the form to be sutomatically saved, the "Save" press is not needed, but if the user makes a mistake, he needs to reopen the record again.. and maybe he/she didn't notice the wrong value was selected etc.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Open the Child_Form view and set the option "Auto re-open" as ON. That will open a new child form view without opening the parent form every time. If you have hundreds of them, would it be possible to create them automatically with a Bot/Webook?

I already set the option "Auto re-open" as ON, still the transaction is slow (almost one completed second).

Since the child table is items of customer's orders, I guess bot cannot help me at that.

That's the quickest way I can think of to open a new child form view. Though this way the user doesn't need to press anything except "Save".

Though if you set the form to be sutomatically saved, the "Save" press is not needed, but if the user makes a mistake, he needs to reopen the record again.. and maybe he/she didn't notice the wrong value was selected etc.

Thanks for the response!

Top Labels in this Space