Transferring App Ownership - Listing of Email Templates in Use

I’m looking to transfer ownership of an application, the google sheet database and its corresponding files to the client.

When I transferred over a test copy of the database and application, the appsheet folder did not automatically get created so I had to manually create it in the client’s Google Drive along with all the directory folders. Is there an easier way to do this? Should it have automatically generated?

Is there an easy way to identify the email templates currently in use on the current app so that I can copy only the active templates over to the new environment? Will the document ID’s change if I copy the email templates over one-by-one requiring me to reselect each one separately? Or is there a way to transfer the templates over where the doc Id’s are in tact and there’s minimal disruption?

Is there an easy way to copy over all the directory files along with their corresponding files or do they also need to be done manually?

Any tips and tricks on this would be tremendous as the project has 9 apps and this could take a great deal of time and cause a lot of disruption to the client since the system will be down while the transition is taking place.

0 4 86
4 REPLIES 4

If you make copies of the files, they will have their own, and different, IDs.

I recommend not making copies of the files. Just transfer their ownership as well.

I’ll be coauthoring the application and sharing the database from their account. They’re currently live and wanted to setup a test scenario before the transition. It sounds like I’ll need to copy everything including the templates and reselect them etc.

Thanks Marc

Why? I’m not following you, is there some difficulty with transferring the ownership of the files?

Yes, the client is not ready to transfer their live environment yet but need the ability to create some integrations etc with the data. Employees need to actively use all 9 apps while their testing their integrations in a test scenario.

Top Labels in this Space