Transform data that already existed in REF

I'm completely sure that this question is very basic... but I've been researching for several days now and I can't find the way to do it.

I have a 'text row' which I want to reference to another table.
Although the content is the same, when transforming it into REF, appsheet gives me the content as wrong... I have to edit it for it to be recognized.

I would be very grateful if someone could guide me on this problem.

Solved Solved
0 4 132
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Confirm that you checked the values in the data sourceโ€”not the values that display in the app UI. A typical mistake of new app creators is to populate a ref type column with values from a column of the referenced table other than that tableโ€™s key column. However, it can be confusing to realize that mistake since the app UI typically is configured not to show the key columnโ€™s values but rather the values of another column designated as the tableโ€™s label column. 

After that, the next point to confirm would be that the referenced tablesโ€™ rows are indeed available to the user who is seeing the warning iconโ€”e.g., confirm those rows are not excluded via a security filter. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ensure that each of the column's values matches a value from the key column of the referenced table.

Hi Dbaum

First of all thank you very much for your answer.
I have checked... but nothing, even though it is the same word, the triangular error icon appears.

Confirm that you checked the values in the data sourceโ€”not the values that display in the app UI. A typical mistake of new app creators is to populate a ref type column with values from a column of the referenced table other than that tableโ€™s key column. However, it can be confusing to realize that mistake since the app UI typically is configured not to show the key columnโ€™s values but rather the values of another column designated as the tableโ€™s label column. 

After that, the next point to confirm would be that the referenced tablesโ€™ rows are indeed available to the user who is seeing the warning iconโ€”e.g., confirm those rows are not excluded via a security filter. 

Fantastic!

I am very grateful to you!

Top Labels in this Space