Trigger appsheet from outside to open a form based on a filter/search parameter

This is the project I’m working on:

Idea:
A new call on a voip pbx arrives, the pbx trigger appsheet to open the form of the customer who is calling with all information

Implementation:
A VOIP PBX at the restaurant receive calls from customers.
The PBX (Vodia PBX) send an “action url” (a HTTP POST) when a new call comes to Telegram Bot with a URL link of appsheet with row information so that when the admin click on the url, appsheet app opens on the mobile with the right form

Problem:
I need to open not an exact row but a filtered row based on the phone number the pbx sends.
Inside appsheet I can use of course linktofilteredrow() function but what about “outside” appsheet?
I would need a “short url” and not something like:

https://www.appsheet.com/start/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx#control=Clienti&filter={"EvalType"%3A"BOOLEAN...

Is there a better or more elegant and clear way to “trigger” appsheet to open a form, view, etc from some app outside?

Maybe I could use Appsheet API to trigger some action/workflow to open the form/view?

Some idea or some workaround? Thanks!

Alessandro

0 3 563
3 REPLIES 3

I may be missing something. Are you wanting a link to pull up a form with pre-populated fields from existing rows or a form where the pre-filled data is coming from your link?

If latter, then the long url is unavoidable. Perhaps you could shorten the link with a url shortener?

I’m wanting a link to pull up a table view, let’s say table “customer”, but with a filter like “table customer with phone field = xxxxxxx”, that’s why I’m using LINKTOFILTEREDROW(), so yeah I think the very long url is unavoidable and yes, I could try with some url shortener.
I though there was a way to to have some deeplink like https://appsheet.com/xxxx#control=client&filter=, like when I use the search function in a view table.

Ok, gotcha.

AppSheet API triggering an action runs in the server so no, it won’t help with opening a view on the client side.

You could write a web app (in google apps script or any language you know) that takes the input (such as phone number) as a url parameter and redirects that url to the required long url which it would construct. I don’t have any examples unfortunately but you could perhaps find one.

Top Labels in this Space