Triggered process that deletes a row and adds data to another table

Upon a triggered condition, I want a row of data to be deleted from one table and added to a different table.

It is an inventory based app and when the inventory of a particular "perishable batch" of product is depleted, I want it to transfer to a table called "depleted inventory"

Any suggestions?

Solved Solved
0 4 88
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There's no need to specify [_THISROW] since the action is being invoked for a specific known row. If your source table and destination table each have a [Product ID] column, then the expression is as simple as:

[Product ID]

Here's an example from a similar action in one of my apps.

dbaum_1-1668123363493.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@PBarrie wrote:

Upon a triggered condition, I want a row of data to be deleted from one table and added to a different table.

Create an automation that performs two data change actions:

1. Data: add a new row to another table by using values from this row
  2. Data: delete this row

Also, consider instead using a single inventory table that includes a column to indicate whether a batch is depleted, and then define a slice that filters to only the depleted batches.

I prefer an automated action in lieu of a slice. I considered the slice as an alternative but I prefer having the "depleted inventory " removed from the main inventory sheet altogether.

Re: Data: add a new row to another table by using values from this row

What expression do I use for copying the values of a column in one sheet to a column in another? It will not accept [_thisrow] as a valid expression.

For Example, [PRODUCT ID] = ?

Thanks for your response.

There's no need to specify [_THISROW] since the action is being invoked for a specific known row. If your source table and destination table each have a [Product ID] column, then the expression is as simple as:

[Product ID]

Here's an example from a similar action in one of my apps.

dbaum_1-1668123363493.png

OMG! It worked!!

I had to edit the condition expression in order to make it work but with your help, I got it and now I understand automation more.

Thanks,

PBarrie

Top Labels in this Space