Trouble calling a script to move record

Good afternoon;

I am working a task based app with sheets on the backend. There are two tables that are in question here: Current - contains all pending task. And Completed - which contains completed tasks. Currently there is a status field the is a enum list. The goal is when the status == 'Complete' it gets removed from the Current table and moves to the Complete table. I have written an app script that achieves this task, but am having issues getting app sheet to call it when the event occurs. Any help is appreciated and happy to provided any information that may be needed. Also I am not concrete on it being called from a script. If there is an easier way, please share. 

Thank you

0 1 54
1 REPLY 1

Hello there,

In terms of managing tasks in AppSheet, I believe your approach is similar to killing a fly with a nuclear bomb.

In AppSheet, you can just keep all of your tasks in one table, in that table, there will be a "status" column, and you would change that column from "Pending" to "Completed", and if you have any views that run on slices, you can exclude either of these on any views you want.

App Scripts are better suited for doing stuff that you can't do with the tools that AppSheet provides.

Top Labels in this Space