Trouble with PDF File name creation

Hi Guys,

I'm using a "Create a new file" task in a BOT with this expression in the File Name Prefix to create a PDF file:

RichardHulbert_0-1691945747075.png

which, as you can see is perfectly valid and tests okay but I am only getting the first part of the file name e.g. 

RichardHulbert_1-1691945866015.png

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong? 

What I don't understand is I am using this method successfully form other tables.

Any help is always welcome.

Thank you

@AleksiAlkio @LeventK 

Solved Solved
0 29 758
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

For other readers.. the reason was the slice because it was filtering the row away and that's why it could find that one specific PASS CODE for the file name.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29

Does it work without "-"? It sounds the PASS CODE is missing.

I will try but I'm using the "-" in other BOTs

No that makes no difference. Is this a bug?

So.. if the result is now without the "-", then it's not the reason. Still sounds the PASS CODE is blank.

OK..... but when I test I get this:

RichardHulbert_0-1691947444187.png

But is the PASS CODE field blank with that record that you are testing?

No it shouldn’t be. It’s a record just added by the Public app

So I think it might be that I need to create it from my Public app.......let me look at it.

Cheers

No, just realised I can't do that as it's from the Users table which has all existing rows filtered out.

So just as an experiment I have turned off "Filter out all existing rows" on the Users table of the Public App to see if that was somehow affecting it but it has made no difference.

Do you have any thoughts as to why the PASS CODE would be blank?

Have you checked ii from the gSheet that exactly this row doesn't have it?

But is it blank or not?

No it’s not blank mate which is why I don’t understand why it’s not working. 

Are you able to see the value from that specific row  if you temporarely unhide it? And I mean via the app.

Sorry, Aleksi, I’m not quite sure what you mean. The passcode in this app is the key column so not sure if I can do that?

So.. I made a quick test with the exact same formula, and it works just fine as I thought. So.. the reason is not the formula itself, it's something to do with your process as you are filling the record from the public app, but I assume the file is generated from the "admin" app. Would you please describe the process, it might help us to understand from where the reason is coming from.

Yes of course, no problem. I will have to do this later though. Cheers

Hi Aleksi, the processes is:

when a new record is added to the user table from the public app, a bot is triggered on the public app side that sends a date timestamp via a web hook to that new row on the admin app the side. This then triggers a bot on the admin side which performs several tasks , the first of which is to create a PDF file. It then sends an email to admin etc.

It does all of this perfectly accept for creating the file name correctly.

Cheers

If you trigger the Bot from the admin app manually and after the data is synced, does it read it then? I assume you don't have any security filter on the admin app, right?

Okay, I will try this later. No, I have no security filters on the admin app

try to use CONCATENATE("UserMatches-",[PASS CODE]) to create file name, let me know if its working

Hi, I have already tried this and it makes no difference, but thank you for your help.

Morning @AleksiAlkio . I can confirm that is still does not work when I trigger the Bot manually from the Admin App side. Any more thoughts?

Cheers

So.. then it's not a timing issue either. I was thinking could it be a sensitive column, but it seems it doesn't have any affect either. Running out of ideas.. without seeing and testing the app directly.

Yes I agree it would be better for you to see the App and i'm sure you will find what I'm doing wrong! Can I message privately to arrange something?

Quick update @AleksiAlkio I have found the problem! The task that creates the file was associated with a Slice of the user table. When I changed it to the full user table it works! I'm sure one day you'll explain why this is happening but my guess is that the slice doesn't get time to update before the task is triggered?? Anyway it works this way. Cheers

Any chance that the slice didn't have that column selected? 

Morning. If it makes a difference yes, that column is in the slice.

For other readers.. the reason was the slice because it was filtering the row away and that's why it could find that one specific PASS CODE for the file name.

Top Labels in this Space