Trying to create Sliced data based on user input

I'm trying to create a slice data based on user input, I have a table name "Process Template" and created a another table "Filter" both table has the same column "Part Number" and setup Enum and Valid If for the "Part Number" on Table "Filter" getting data from Table "Process Template" I used to commands Process Template[Part Number] but for some reason whenever I do the test there's no data on the Enum so I can't start the slice to begin with. I need help to tell me where I'm doing it wrong.

0 7 129
7 REPLIES 7

@Jason_Bernaldez , welcome to the community

Screen shots of what you have actually done would help community members to diagnose your issue better.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 063456.png

I created this template where I enter data for time study.Screenshot 2022-07-06 063335.png

Then I created a Table name Filter I will use this so user can select a part number a make that as reference for my sliced data.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 063422.png

Then make the Part number column from Filter data setup as Enum and I used Valid if.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 063547.png

Made a UX ref view for Filter but for some reason nothing is showing up.Screenshot 2022-07-06 063948.png

I followed the same one I found on the internet but I can't figure out what's wrong with it.

https://www.appsheet.com/templates/Allow-the-user-to-filter-a-view-based-on-a-form?appGuidString=912...

Are there any records on the Filter table?

There's not data on the Filter table as the column Part number is setup as Enum with Valid if option set to get the data from Process Template table with the same Column name.

There needs to be an existing record in a table before you can view anything in a detail view on that table.

Tried it still didn't work.

What is your slice's Row filter condition? Please post a screenshot of the entire expression.

Top Labels in this Space