Trying to create a slice based on a quick edit result

Iโ€™m trying to use a drop-down to filter results.
I have a drop-down that people select a coffee type from which populates a [CoffeeType] column via quick edit.
I then have the [CoffeeType] as a virtual column called [CoffeeSelection] on my main table of data that I want to filter. There is a column in this table also called [CoffeeType], which is what I want to filter.
I try to create a new slice with row filter condition [CoffeeType]=[Coffee Selection] but my results are all false, even though I have test data where the [CoffeeType] should be the same as [Coffee Selection].
Looking at the expression result, it confirms the result is False and I notice a comma is added to my quick edit result.
Is this causing the problem and how do I fix it?

0 2 86
2 REPLIES 2

This makes no sense for some reason
Try this for Slices based on Quick Edit

There is not enough details to be certain. It seems as though your [CoffeeSelection] column might be a List. If so then the function you want to use is the IN() function like so:

IN([CoffeeType], [CoffeeSelection)

It might help to also know how you are populating the [CoffeeSelection] column? If it is a virtual column, as you say, then you must be using some formula to set the values. It might help to know what that is to be able to provide more guidance.

Top Labels in this Space