Trying to create multiple rows based on number if inputs

HI, I am creating an app that logs movements in a warehouse.  One of the features I want is a way to input multiple moves at once, every one of the inputs will be the same except for Quantity, and Moved To (Where the pallet is going)

Is there a way I can make it so when filling out the form, if they select multiple moved to locations with from an enumlist, that when saved it will create multiple rows, for each input selected.  Also how could I incorporate quantities into this? maybe create an enumlist for quantities too and have them combine.  Also as a bonus we are planning on scanning QR codes to easily input locations, but I know you can't use a QR code scan with an enum list, is there any work arounds I can use?

Solved Solved
1 1 201
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @jorsimo91 ,

This is a great use case we have a couple apps that may apply to what you are looking to build. 

Task Management App

Inspection App

For you question about creating multiple rows try the following: 

1. Add a new action based on adding a new row to another table using values from this row. 

task-managment-2.PNG

2. Once you have done this repeat the same action from above and add those actions to a group this will allow you to click one action button to add multiple rows of data to another table. 

task-managment-3.PNG

3. Then you can add this action to the view you want the action button to appear on. 

task-managment-5.PNGtask-managment-4.PNG

The result is shown below: 

task-managment-6.PNG

We also have a full webinar showing you had to create this feature and more. Check it out here: How to Create Bulk Actions in AppSheet

______________________________________________________________________________________________

I would not recommend an Enum List for this feature since that would create a list in one single row for the items and the quantity. It seems like you are wanting multiple rows with different values for each of these rows. โ€ƒ

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Here is another option to try for populating forms: 

1. Create a new action on the table you would like users to fill out data for. 

Inspection Form.PNG

2. Use the LINKTOFORM() function to add specific information to a new form. 

Inspection Form - 2.PNG

The result is a auto-populated form: 

inspection form 3.PNG

inspection form 4.PNG

We also have a full webinar walking through this app build. Check it out here: Inspection App built with AppSheet

We also have full courses covering essential AppSheet topics over at AppSheetTraining.com

Feel free to reach out and let me know if you need any additional help, I will try to help out in any way I can. 

Thanks,

Austin from AppSheet Training

โ€ƒ

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @jorsimo91 ,

This is a great use case we have a couple apps that may apply to what you are looking to build. 

Task Management App

Inspection App

For you question about creating multiple rows try the following: 

1. Add a new action based on adding a new row to another table using values from this row. 

task-managment-2.PNG

2. Once you have done this repeat the same action from above and add those actions to a group this will allow you to click one action button to add multiple rows of data to another table. 

task-managment-3.PNG

3. Then you can add this action to the view you want the action button to appear on. 

task-managment-5.PNGtask-managment-4.PNG

The result is shown below: 

task-managment-6.PNG

We also have a full webinar showing you had to create this feature and more. Check it out here: How to Create Bulk Actions in AppSheet

I would not recommend an Enum List for this feature since that would create a list in one single row for the items and the quantity. It seems like you are wanting multiple rows with different values for each of these rows. โ€ƒ

Here is another option to try for populating forms: 

1. Create a new action on the table you would like users to fill out data for. 

Inspection Form.PNG

2. Use the LINKTOFORM() function to add specific information to a new form. 

Inspection Form - 2.PNG

The result is a auto-populated form: 

inspection form 3.PNG

inspection form 4.PNG

We also have a full webinar walking through this app build. Check it out here: Inspection App built with AppSheet

We also have full courses covering essential AppSheet topics over at AppSheetTraining.com

Feel free to reach out and let me know if you need any additional help, I will try to help out in any way I can. 

Thanks,

Austin from AppSheet Training

โ€ƒ

Top Labels in this Space